The MS program at BHA is remarkable in the way it offers girls choice for leadership, service and learning. We pride ourselves on the inclusive nature of our program, both in the pastoral and academic, and in the delivery of high quality programs delivered by some of the most talented professionals in the world. The Middle School at BHA is a place for building community and school pride. We focus on the whole student and this is why we embody the principles of an IB learner who is balanced, articulate, worldly and caring.
Mr John Gasparini
Head of Middle School
In the Middle School at BHA, we aim to inspire students to think reflectively as they acquire a growing sense of confidence and independence. This enables them to engage critically and creatively with the world around them as globally minded learners and leaders.
In the Middle School at BHA, these higher level critical skills of conceptual understanding, knowledge, and global attitudes are developed through innovative curriculum design. Students will develop complex problem solving skills, consider ethical decision making, and acquire an understanding of international perspectives.
We are dedicated to ensuring your daughter receives individualized support for her intellectual, physical, creative, and affective growth and development.
- Implement the IB Middle Years Program (MYP) to provide the best preparation for the IB Diploma Program
- Heighten creative, critical and reflective thinking skills while emphasizing intellectual challenge and encouraging students to make connections between their studies and the real world
- Foster the development of effective communication, intercultural understanding and global engagement; qualities that are essential for life in the 21st century
- Offer rigorous learning in all subjects, inviting students to tackle relevant issues and apply their ideas in new local, national and global contexts
- Require students to explore and reflect upon the complexities of our world
- Develop skills and attitudes for responsible action
- Ensure breadth and depth of knowledge through the implementation of an academically rigorous curriculum
- Examine the interconnectedness of subject areas
- Ensure a low teacher to student ratio – maximum of 22 students per class
- Offer an expansive co-curricular program
- Provide robust pastoral and counseling resources including membership in a clan (house)
- Provide opportunities for study abroad programs
- Implement supervised study programs
- Provide additional language acquisition programs
- Challenge students through the vehicle of world-class facilities and leading-edge technology
The most valuable aspect of my life at BHA are the positive relationships with my teachers.
Grade 6 student
My experience at BHA has been invaluable.
I have been able to develop as a student to an active constructivist approach by participating in class discussions, leading Service CASE activities, and even by participating in Branksome’s Got Talent where I performed a cello piece for the entire BHA community
Grade 9 Student