- Q: What is the Admissions Assessment Criteria?
- Q: What happens at the assessment date?
- Q: May international students apply?
- Q: Does Branksome Hall Asia provide financial assistance?
A: The Entrance Assessment is completed in age appropriate groupings. JK Prep to SK, and G1 students are assessed in small groups to determine their school readiness. Students in Grade 2 and higher are assessed in conversational English skills, English reading, writing and Math as well as mother tongue. In addition to written assessments, Grade 6 and above must also participate in an individual interview. Students applying for Grade 1 and above must also submit confidential teacher recommendations and students applying for Grade 2 and above must submit their most recent end of year report cards, the completed Student Profile in handwriting as well as the teacher recommendation.
A: Our assessment process is conducted in an age-appropriate manner. Attending families are greeted all together and then the applicants move to a separate space for the assessment activities and/or exams. During this time, parents are invited to stay in our foyer and are called for the parent interview.
- JK Prep to SK, and G1 students meet in small groups and participate in activities that help determine their school readiness.
- Students in Grade 2 and higher are assessed in conversational English skills, English reading and writing as well as math and mother tongue.
- Students applying for Grade 6 and above must also participate in an individual interview. The interview is conducted in English and lasts about 20 minutes.
- Parents may participate in an interview. Korean and Chinese translations are provided.
A: Yes, we welcome applications from all around the world.
Currently, approximately 10% of the students at BHA are Non-Korean students. They are either day or boarding students from China, Germany, Japan, Mongolia, Singapore, Spanish, USA, Zimbabwe, etc.
If you are interested in being surrounded by hard-working students, or if you are interested in Korean culture, we welcome you to apply.
Most international applicants are assessed online. Depending on your grade level, the entry assessments may include English read-aloud skill tests, MAP tests (for English and Math), English writing, English Interviews, etc.
- Q: What are the dates of the academic year?
- Q: What are the average class sizes and overall ratio?
- Q: Is there a school bus?