© Picture by Faye Yang
- Q: What is the Admissions Assessment Criteria?
- Q: What happens at the assessment date?
- Q: May international students apply?
- Q: Does Branksome Hall Asia provide financial assistance?
A: The Entrance Assessment is completed in age appropriate groupings. JK Prep to SK students are assessed in small groups to determine their school readiness. Students in Grade 1 and higher are assessed in English reading, writing and Math as well as mother tongue. In addition to written assessments, Grade 6 and above must also participate in an individual interview. Students applying for Grade 4 and above must also submit their most recent end of year report cards, the completed Student Profile in handwriting, and confidential teacher recommendations (English/Math).
A: Our assessment process is conducted in an age-appropriate manner. Attending families are greeted all together and then the applicants move to a separate space for the assessment activities and/or exams. During this time, parents are invited to stay in our foyer and are called for the parent interview. Tours are generally offered at the close of the assessment/interview time.
- JK Prep to SK students meet in small groups and participate in activities that help determine their school readiness.
- Students in Grade 1 and higher are assessed in English reading and writing as well as math and mother tongue.
- Students applying for Grade 6 and above must also participate in an individual interview. The interview is conducted in English and lasts about 20 minutes.
- All parents participate in an interview. Korean and Chinese translations are provided.
Approximately 12% of the students at BHA are international students. About 10% are from China, and the rest are a mixture of nine different nationalities including students from Canada, Australia, USA, New Zealand, UK, Malaysia, and more. If you are an International student who wants to be surrounded by hardworking, academically focused students and if you love K-Pop, we welcome your application.
A: Branksome Hall Asia offers limited financial assistance, at various levels, to students in Grade 6 to 12 who qualify for admission to the school and whose families can show evidence of financial need.
Application for financial aid is made to the Branksome Hall Asia Finance Committee. Applications are considered once received. The application deadline for returning families is May 1, 2019 and for new families, the deadline is October 1, 2019.
All decisions are made by the Branksome Hall Asia Financial Aid Committee and communicated within 2 weeks of the application closing date.
All families are advised to apply for financial aide at their earliest convenience as funds are limited.
Academic excellence is not a requirement of financial aid, but students are expected to maintain good academic standing and be positive contributing members of the school community
- Renewal of financial aid is not automatic; families must apply annually
- Financial aid is awarded as a reduction of the Tuition fee, not as cash.
- Both new and returning families are eligible for financial aid.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Interested families may request the Branksome Hall Asia Financial Aid Application Form from the Finance Office.
- Q: What are the dates of the academic year?
- Q: What are the maximum class sizes and overall ratio?
- Q: Is there a school bus?
A: The first semester starts in mid to late August and each full academic year ends in mid June. Summer break is approximately two months, and the winter break is about three weeks and starts in mid December.