Scholarships and Financial Assistance
Branksome Hall Asia Entrance Merit Scholarships and Financial Assistance
Branksome Hall Asia is proud of its commitment to support students through entrance merit scholarships and a program of financial aid. Our philosophy is to support, in part, as many families as possible as they look to finance the Branksome Hall Asia experience.
Branksome Hall Asia Entrance Merit Scholarships
The Branksome Hall Asia Scholarship Program seeks students who have the potential to fulfill the challenging requirements of the IB Diploma Program. Entrance Merit Scholarships are available for new students entering Grade 6-11. Scholarships are awarded in recognition of students’ academic success, leadership commitments, co-curricular involvement, and other talents and achievements. Entrance Merit Scholarships range between 20% to 100% of the Tuition Fee.
Process information and questions are available from the Admissions Office
The primary responsibilities for payment of all fees rests with the student’s family.
Branksome Hall Asia offers limited financial assistance, at various levels, to students in Grade 6 to 12 who qualify for admission to the school and whose families can show evidence of financial need.
Application for financial aid is made to the Branksome Hall Asia Finance Committee. Applications are considered once received. The application deadline for returning families is May 1, 2018 and for new families, the deadline is October 1, 2018. All decisions are made by the Branksome Hall Asia Financial Aid Committee and communicated within 2 weeks of the application closing date.
All families are advised to apply for financial aide at their earliest convenience as funds are limited.
Academic excellence is not a requirement of financial aid, but students are expected to maintain good academic standing and be positive contributing members of the school community
- Renewal of financial aid is not automatic; families must apply annually
- Financial aid is awarded as a reduction of the Tuition fee, not as cash.
- Both new and returning families are eligible for financial aide.
How to Apply for Financial Aid.
Interested families may request the Branksome Hall Asia Financial Aid Application Form from the Finance Office by contacting Mrs. Moon
Email: email@example.com Phone 064.902.5122
Completed applications should be returned to the Director of Business and Administration.
Mr. Rob Matheson
Director of Business and Administration
JDC Scholarship program
JDC Scholarship program is to provide financial assistance for low income students and students with superior grades from Jeju. JDC Scholarship Program for new students of the academic year 2018-19. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
CRITERIA OF PERSONAL QUALITIES
Branksome Hall Asia seeks applications from globally minded young people who:
1. Possess skills necessary to conduct purposeful, constructive research.
2. Are able to make sound decisions and to solve complex problems.
3. Can receive and express ideas confidently in English and at least one other language.
4. Have acquired a critical mass of significant knowledge.
5. Have integrity, honesty, and a sense of fairness and justice.
6. Show sensitivity towards the needs of others through service to the community.
7. Respect the views, values and traditions of other individuals and cultures.
8. Give thoughtful consideration to their own learning.
1. Complete application form. Applications will be accepted until 10:00am April 16, 2018. Please also include a copy of your 2 most recent reports in English with this scholarship application. DO NOT SEND any additional information at this stage. (If you have not complete the admission application form and process, please submit the completed admissions application form, Math and English teacher recommendations, student profile in addition to the school reports)
2. Successful students will be invited to an essay writing session on April 23 in Seoul and /or in Jeju. Students will receive the essay topic on the day of writing.
3. Finalists will be invited to present to the scholarship committee on May 7 in Jeju or via Skype. Specific portfolio components and details will follow.
4. Successful applicants will be notified on May 14.