All students (Junior Kindergarten Prep to Grade 12) study a coherent program that includes, English, a second language or mother tongue language, social sciences, science, mathematics, and the arts. Physical and health education is compulsory until Grade 10. Technology is integrated into all areas of the curriculum. In all programs, Korean language, social studies, and history are taught.
In the Middle and Senior years, optional courses are available so that students can explore a breadth of study. Students can choose from the following courses: Digital Design, Product Design, Visual Arts, Music, Drama, Business, Economics, Psychology, Geography, History, Korean, Spanish, Chinese, and Film Studies. Starting in Grade 10, students can also opt to pursue a specialty in the sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Environmental Systems and Societies). All staff members, particularly Guidance Counselors and University Counselors, help our students and their families understand the course options and criteria for success.
An extended Korean program enables students to have enriched Korean language instruction as well as instruction in History and Social Studies in Korean. Classes in English as an additional language are also available for students whose mother tongue is not English.
Branksome Hall Asia has a highly qualified and experienced faculty. Our class sizes are kept small and our faculty members are engaged in significant professional learning on an ongoing basis. Faculty members are actively engaged as workshop leaders, consultants to schools, resource developers and examiners for the IB and other professional organizations. Our faculty are integrally involved in our rich co-curricular program.
Our Branksome Hall Asia students experience a coherent, seamless education from Junior Kindergarten Prep to Grade 12, giving them a distinct advantage, the Branksome Hall Asia advantage.
Branksome Hall Asia
- is the sister school of Branksome Hall Canada, which has 114-year educational history;
- is the FIRST girls' international School in Korea founded in 2012, and is one of the best boarding schools worldwide;
- is located on the UNESCO World Heritage listed island of Jeju, South Korea;
- provides the continuum of the IB curriculum, which includes PYP, MYP, and DP;
- Grade 9 students all have chances to join the Exchange Program to visit Branksome Hall Canada and experience the learning and living life there.
- had 100% of its successful IB DP candidates receive the Bilingual Diploma;
- had 100% of its Graduates accepted by the World Top 100 Schools.